my students call me "Baker"
I always look forward to working with them and truly love what I do! I’ve been a professor of Graphic Design for twenty-three years and of Service Design for three. I’m a designer, art director and project manager with a proven track record of leading small-scale communications and service design projects in the US and abroad. Over the years I've…
- Organized and directed many client-driven projects in my Graphic Design classes. Clients have included American Red Cross, Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf Tournament, American Cancer Society, United Way, American Diabetes Association, Ralph Mark Gilbert Civil Rights Museum, Savannah Community. Foundation, Small Business Development Center, and Savannah Tree Foundation
- Regularly developed co-creative projects in my Service Design classes. Clients have included Savannah After School Program, Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire, Savannah Bicycle Campaign, Georgia Rotary Student Program, Humane Society for Greater Savannah and Urban STEM Academy.
- Delivered lectures at conferences including Southeastern College Art Conference, University and College Designers Association, the 3rd Annual International Conference on Visual and Performing Arts, Service Experience Chicago, National Trust for Historic Preservation and Georgia Art Educators Forum.
- Planned and directed SCAD’s Alternative Spring Break Program, 2011–Present The students and I give up our Spring Break holiday in order to create designs for worthy organizations including Greensboro Opera House, Cherokee Historical Association, The Ossabaw Foundation, and Camp Boggy Creek.
- Founded and directed Project Resound, a social design organization that has carried out successful projects in South Carolina, Nicaragua, and Guatemala. Plans are underway for a service design and communications project in Brazil in 2016.
I’m committed to personal and professional growth and in providing students with valuable real-world experience(s) that better prepare them for careers in the design world. Want to collaborate on a future design project? That's what I do best!
Please feel free to view my Curriculum Vitae and to contact me.